Tree Trimming & Pruning
Tree Service in San Antonio
Our experienced and certified arborists at Urban Soil focus on professional guidance, environmental safety and high-quality work. They have mastered the craft of tree care services and understand how to perform a technical tree trim or prune that provides valuable benefits including:
- A healthier, stronger tree with an extended lifespan
- Fewer unhealthy, unsightly and dangerous limbs
- More sunlight that allows for a lush and beautiful undergrowth
- Increased resistance to tree pests and diseases
- Increased strength to defend against storms and high wind
- Increased property value
- Tree thinning to promote tree health, reduce weight, reduce wind resistance, and create beautiful aesthetics
- Tree shaping to increase aesthetics and training trees to grow within preferred environment
- Eliminates weak branches and increases environment and property safety
TREE PRUNING VS TREE TRIMMING
People often ask us about the difference between tree trimming and pruning.
Pruning is the removal of loose, dead or diseased branches from a tree or shrub. This is done to protect the health of the tree, eliminate branches from falling and injuring neighboring plants, property or people. It’s also used to help protect the tree against pests and disease and when performed properly, it stimulates growth and increases flowering and/or fruit production.
Trimming is performed to remove overgrown branches, shrubs or hedges which limits landscape from receiving enough moisture and light. It’s also performed in order to keep branches away from structures and utility lines to prevent damage.
SEASONS TO TRIM OR PRUNE TREES
Generally, a tree’s trimming cycle is every 3-5 years, but there are a few factors that contribute to your specific tree cycle: species, size and overall health.
Knowing when to prune trees keeps them healthy in the long-term while setting them up for a season of prosperous growth. Trees that aren’t regularly pruned or trimmed are more at risk various types of damage and disease. This opens them up to become infected with insects and other decay organisms.
The best time to prune or trim trees and shrubs is during the winter while they are dormant. Pruning during this season is optimal because wounds heal faster, there’s less risk of disease or pest infestation, less sap (which attracts pests) and it’s easier to see every branch.
Learn more about the best seasons to prune here.
Urban Soil is based in San Antonio and we serve a 200 mile radius. Contact us today to schedule your tree trimming and pruning services.
WHEN IT’S TIME TO CALL A PROFESSIONAL ARBORIST
As a rule of thumb, you’ll know it’s time to call a professional arborist when:
- Branches are close or touching your home
- Branches are dead or broken
- Your trees have not been maintained in the past 3 years
- You need your tree shaped for increased curb appeal
Schedule Your Tree Service Today
We offer free estimates and serve San Antonio, Texas and its surrounding cities. Call (210) 440-1049 to schedule your tree service and receive a free quote.